Teaser Tuesday: How It Feels to Fly, The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking, The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love, & You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat.


I don't let anyone see what's happening inside my head. Not my friends, not my classmates, not my mom. It's a performance that never ends.

~ How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes, Kindle Location 65 (ARC)




We live in an era where the best way to make a dent on the world may no longer be to write a letter to the editor or publish a book. It may be simply to stand up and say something . . . because both the words and the passion with which they are delivered can now spread across the world at warp speed.

~ TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking by Chris Anderson, pg. xii




Certainly everyone here- dressed up as aliens, and wizards, and zombies, and superheroes- wants desperately to be inside a story, to be part of something more logical and meaningful than real life seems to be. Because even worlds with dragons and time machines seem to be more ordered than our own.

~ The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash, Kindle Location 2119 (ARC)




Ballet, tap, jazz dance, youth orchestra, martial arts, watercolor at the local community college (me and a bunch of eighty-year-olds rockin' the stand of maple trees!), cross-stitch, poise class (held in the back of a department store, for REAL!), my mom basically trained me to become a geisha.

~ You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day, pg. 25


Comments

  1. Oooh nice teasers! I totally relate to that first one! LOL! Like the Felicia Day one too! Still need to read that one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!