Teaser Tuesday: Legacy of Kings, Dumplin', & The Bit in Between


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


According to Audata, her mother, most magic of the blood was inherited. It came down through generations, like eye or hair color. But not Smoke Blood. Smoke Blood was earned. It allowed a person to triumph over pain - over death, even. That power could be found. Could be made - with an act of great betrayal, the blood of someone turned against his child or beloved friend.

~ Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman, Kindle Location 389 (ARC)




"Your parents are divorced?" 

 He shakes his head, but says nothing. 

"I- I'm sorry for asking. I have the manners of a cat in a box of bubble wrap. Like, it's a problem." 

"No," he says. "It's not that. I don't mind talking to you. So don't apologize for it, okay? I just don't do much talking. It takes getting used to."

~ Dumplin' by Julie Murphy, Kindle Location 623 (ARC)




Oliver was reluctant to call this writer's block because 'block' implied that the story was already inside him, just waiting to find a way out. More often than not, Oliver felt like there was nothing inside him. So instead of writing his story he would let his mind wander and write vague little haiku about things around him. Two pens full of ink, one is blue, the other not. I use a laptop.

~ The Bit In Between by Claire Varley, Kindle Location 647-650 (ARC)


Comments

  1. OOoh nice teasers!! been seeing a lot of buzz over Legacy of Kings! Hope you all enjoy your reads!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Legacy of Kings on my TBR. Great teaser! I can't wait to read it.

    My teaser this week is from Season of Salt & Honey by Hannah Tunncliffe: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/7/28/teaser-tuesday-season-of-salt-honey-by-hannah-tunnicliff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!