Cover Crazy: Reign of Shadows




24657660
The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

This week I'm featuring

Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan


This book will be my introduction to Sophie Jordan. This cover has some really cool elements going on.

 I find it really appealing that the designer has created the title by literally twisting nature. I love that the font is one of a kind, and will never be accurately reproduced. I love the layering of darkness behind the title; darkness is a good novel certainly is layered. My eyes keep looking for an image back there; it's as if it's magically hidden from my eyes. And of course the smattering of red hints at bloody mayhem, which tells me there will be a good bit of danger and adventure. 

Leave us a comment and share your thoughts on this cover.


Comments