Book Review: Save Me

Save Me (Lost Souls #3)
Published By: Forever Yours
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Page Count: 384
Source: ARC Kindly Provided by Publisher via NetGalley
Audience: New Adult - Contemporary Romance

That was one hell of a ride. I'm sitting here trying to formulate a review for this one after finishing the last sentence a few hours ago. My mind is numb and my heart is still tingling; I can't seem to process everything that went down in this final installment of a trilogy that has earned a spot among my favorites. I was equal parts dread and anxiety when I began this one. I had been eyeing it since I got the ARC, but other projects had priority and I honestly was terrified of how things would go down between Charlotte, Noble, and Jason. I hate spoilers in reviews so I will avoid them, but the review may be short compared to my usual fare as a result. There is so much I want to say, but I refuse to ruin the story.

I have felt since the beginning of this series that Charlotte and Jason's relationship was toxic and obsessive. They lose sight of everything else in the world when they are together and they never cease to hurt one another. Jason's actions in the previous novels have forced Charlotte into the arms of someone else, the handsome Noble. Noble lives up to his name. He is truly one of the best, most genuine people in New Adult Literature (at least out of the ones I have encountered so far). Noble is Jason's opposite in every way. I think it needs to be noted that I am firmly Team Noble so my bias my anger some Team Jason fans out there. I never wanted Charlotte to end up with Jason, but I knew that they couldn't let each other go easily. My heart kept waiting for the moment when Charlotte would jump ship and leave Noble. I won't tell you if that happens, but I will say that this novel put me through an emotional wringer. Seriously, there were moments when I felt like I was being punched in the gut and the heart simultaneously. 

Eliza Freed doesn't make things easy on Charlotte, Noble, and Jason in this one. The trio will face some rocky paths throughout the course of this novel. I was so anxious about their fates that I was tempted to read the last few chapters around the 60% mark. Seriously, it felt like I was having heart palpitations.

Ultimately, I understood why the series ended the way it did. There are moments I wish could be different. I also didn't agree with some of Charlotte's choices, but ultimately she becomes the girl I always wanted her to be. 

The Lost Souls Series is bittersweet, heart wrenching, and addicting. These characters are permanently imprinted on my heart.


One Last Gripe: There were several moments when Charlotte disappointed me. It held me back from giving this one five stars.

My Favorite Thing About This Book: I have loved watching these characters grow from college kids into adults. The relationships truly make this series shine.

First Sentence: Noble and I carry our boat as we wade into the calm sea.

Favorite Character: Noble

Least Favorite Character: Stephanie



"You need to be careful with perfection. It's brilliant at hiding its flaws." 

Having lost everything she holds dear—and then some—Charlotte O'Brien had almost given up hope. Until an unepexted love opened her heart to the possibility of second chances. But now, will Charlotte be brave enough to take the risk that love be enough to save her wounded soul? 

The stunning conclusion to Eliza Freed's provocative Lost Souls series.

Comments

  1. I think I might have to add these books to my TBR. Sounds very much like something I'd love! Great review pal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!