Teaser Tuesday: Lucky Break, Tell the Wolves I'm Home, & Trigger Warning


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


... we needed a break. So we were heading west to spend a few days in Elk Valley, a quiet town in Colorado's Rocky Mountains, at the mountainside retreat of an old friend of Ethan's. We hadn't previously traveled together for reasons unrelated to magical drama, and I was both excited and apprehensive. But in the best possible way.

~ Lucky Break (Chicagoland Vampires #10.5) by Chloe Neill, Kindle Location 62




"Anyway, what's yours then? What the one superpower of June Elbus?' 

I thought about myself from head to toe. It was like being forced to read the most boring part of the Sears catalog. Like leafing through the bathroom accessories pages. Boring brain. Boring face. No sex appeal. Clumsy hands. "Heart. Hard heart," I said, not sure where it came from. "The hardest heart in the world."

~ Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt, pg. 179




I saw the shadows of the bears before I saw the bears themselves: huge they were, and pale, made of the pages of fierce books: poems ancient and modern prowled the ice floes in bear-shape, filled with words that could wound with their beauty. I could see the papers, and the words winding across them, and I was frightened that the bears could see me.

~ "A Calendar of Tales" from Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman, pg. 101 (ARC)


Comments

  1. OOoh great teasers!! Need to get me Lucky Break despite already reading Dark Debt! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Trigger Warning... gave it 3/5.
    The other two sound good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!