Waiting on Wednesday: City of Heavenly Fire


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.
This week I am waiting on...

The City of Heavenly Fire
(The Mortal Instruments #6)
By: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Release Date: May 27, 2014

 Another of my most anticipated books for 2014 is Cassandra Clare's last installment in the phenomenal The Mortal Instruments series, City of Heavenly Fire.

Finally, there will be the ultimate showdown between good and evil...between our favourite Shadowhunters (the good team) and the ultimate villain, Clary's brother, Jonathan, aka Sebastian (the bad guy).

We know from the blurb that this is going to be gut-wrenching as "lives will be lost, love sacrificed".  Part of me is terrified to read it, while the other half of me is beyond excited!

We all have our suspicions on how this may end, but I am sure Cassie has a few tricks up her sleeve to blow us away.



Synopsis from Goodreads:

ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID.

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world changed in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!


 

Comments

  1. Yep, yep, yep!! I just cannot wait till my preorder of this one gets home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very popular pick lately! Just saw this about two blogs back too in my hopping! Hope you enjoy this conclusion as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my WOW Pili and Jessica! I know I'm not the only one waiting with baited breath for this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this and dreading it in equal measures. Cassie is the queen of ripping your heart out and stomping on it, but I just can't wait to see how it ends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!