Cover Crazy: Dragonswood


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.



This cover caught my eye because I thought it was a ballerina. When I clicked on it, I was drawn to the dragon scales around the top and bottom edges. I can't decide if the girl is falling into the water, rising above the water, or dancing on the water. I love the flow of her dress and the splash of the water. Her white dress makes me feel like there is a purity or innocence to her, but the clouds and shadows hint at danger or deception. The title is catching and the font is perfect for the name.





Comments

  1. I love this cover, too. It's so pretty and it makes me think of all kinds of questions about who she is and what she's doing. I wonder if that scene will be in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty cover. I have not seen it before. I am intrigued to find out more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost looks as if she is rising out of the water just because you can see the water splashing up. That for some reason makes me think of her fighting an evil or a darkness. Almost like she was being held under water and had forced her way up. And the white dress seems to make her separate from the world around her. Oh, and I love the scales!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!