Teaser Tuesday: The Violets of March


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!    
  •  The tide was out now, exposing a secret layer of life on the shore, and walking back, I found myself picking up shells and big pieces of bubbly emerald green kelp and popping the air bubbles out of the slimy flesh the way I had so many years ago. A rock sparkled in the sun, and I kneeled down to retrieve it, which is when I heard footsteps behind me.
     ~ The Violets of March by Sarah Jio, page 34
    *This title was released today. Happy birthday! :)

Comments

  1. I love the teaser. It in a way sounds lyrical and flows.. me thinks I'm going to have to add this to my tbr! Thankies for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Redd - I should have my review up by the end of the week. I am really enjoying this read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of this teaser and the review I read has made me add this to my tbr list! I love the passage, it's beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, very nice teaser! i've seen this book around, but didn't know what it was about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm following you too! This is a really good teaser.. now I want to know who is walking up to her! lol The writing is really nice, sounds like a good book.

    Happy reading!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful teaser. The last sentence kind of jolted me. I hope it's not meant to be creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very descriptive! I love it! Adding it to pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful writing for sure!

    @Lucia - It's not creepy, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me curious as to what happens next!! Great teaser, added the book to my TBR pile! :)

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was reliving memories of sandy beaches and the light crash of the ocean's waves until I read of the footsteps. Do the footsteps precipitate danger? Terrific teasher!! How are you liking the book?


    My Bookself

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Shirley - I love it so far. It's actually not scary at all. I would tell you who or what the footsteps belong to, but you'll just have to read it yourself. :)

    Yeah for everyone adding this to your TBR piles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks pretty good! I love the descriptions.. great teaser choice.

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  13. O that's a good one! Hope your enjoying this one. I read it in one sitting.

    And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting! Definitely not the setting I would have expected from the cover of the book, but I'm definitely curious as to who the footsteps belong to!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your teaser and your blog! One of the cutest I've seen! Thanks so much for stopping by, I'm so glad I had a chance to come over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo! Definitely a tease to read that...Sounds really good! :)

    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    who's behind her, who? interesting teaser, never heard of this author before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you all will pick this book up soon. I am seriously in love with it.

    @barmybex - This is Sarah Jio's debut novel which is why you may not have heard of her before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for commenting on my TT! I think your TT ALSO has beautiful language! So lovely, I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!